Saturday, June 24, 2006

Happy Anniversary, Hun

My dearest Kyle,
It doesn't seem like it was five years ago that we were married. I can't tell you how often I think back on that day. It was the happiest day of my life. God was giving me the man of my dreams to be my husband. We were so exhausted and ready to get it over with! You know, a lot of couples, especially the bride, get caught up in the wedding. But we managed to keep our focus on the marriage we were about to embark upon. I remember one of my friends asking me as I was putting on my wedding gown, "Are you nervous?" "Absolutely not!" I said. "I just want to get this over, so I can be married already!" We had a beautiful wedding, but that wasn't the point. We both knew what the point was. God had placed us in each other's lives to be man and wife, to be committed only to each other, to complete each other's needs both emotional and physical in a Christian home with all the love our hearts could give. I thank God that we both knew that.
I want you to know that I have no regrets. Of course there were times that one or both of us should've handled things differently, but we communicated well and always made a point to learn from those mistakes. I'm proud of the strong marriage we shared. I'm thankful that God used us in other couple's lives as an example of what marriage could and should be.
I'm proud of the man you were. I still have a hard time not offering your services when someone is in a bind and needing something fixed. I don't think I ever told you how important that was to me. Just knowing that if something went wrong, you'd figure out a way to fix it or make it better than before gave me so much security. I appreciate how strong you were physically, yet so tender and gentle with me. God gave you a beautiful heart with more than enough love for anyone he placed in your path. I believe that's what I miss most - your heart.
I also want to thank you for being patient with me after Momma died. I know how much you loved her, too. And I know there were several months that I wasn't easy to live with, but you stood by me and sometimes behind me to keep me from collapsing under the load I was carrying. Thank you.
I just want you to know how much I love you, still. And even though you've gone on, no matter what happens in my life, or who God brings into it, there will always be a part of my heart that belongs to you.
Love you, see you soon,
Angi

2 Comments:

Blogger Milly said...

Hold fast to those who came to bless your life. I can tell that you feel very blessed by them. Praying for you sister.

2:58 PM  
Blogger liz gibbs said...

Hey girl, I am trying to blog more this year. so check out lizgibbs.blogspot.com

In Him
---liz

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home