Monday, October 09, 2006

Let this day pass....

I couldn't let this day pass without a word... Thanks Niki for reminding me that I never post anymore. I'm using the excuse that life is too crazy. I've been incredibly busy with school starting, moving, moving sales and just life in general. I haven't taken the time to pour my heart out on here lately. I will not apologize, because I've come to realize that my blog is for me and what I need to get off my chest. I appreciate the encouragement I get from my friends here, but that is not the reason I write. I'm practicing a form of therapy here and lately I've been doing okay; atleast I tell myself that I am. But I couldn't let this day pass without a word....

I introduced my pain to a new group of people tonight at my BSF class. I had gone all day without a tear, but surrounded by other Christian women who I know love me without even knowing me, I broke loose and let go. I let them see a glimpse of my pain, and it hurt like new all over again. The good news is I know they'll pray for me. One of the ladies patted me on the back and said simply, "You're so strong." I didn't have the heart to tell her, 'No, I'm just a good faker.' I later realized that I'm neither strong nor a faker. I'm a child of God. He loves me and knows my pain and at times when I'm too weak to stand, too weak to speak out, too weak to even draw a breath, He's there. He stands behind me and picks me up, opens my mouth and breathes his life into me. That, my friends, is strength. Not what I am, but what God is through me.
My misery is my ministry and I pray God continues to touch others through my pain. It's easy for me to seek sympathy, but I'm working on letting God fix my brokenness and showing others his power through "my strength."


Thank you for your prayers, and if you knew Kyle, I thank God that He touched your life through my wonderful husband.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, he defintely touched many lives, including mine. However, do not fear he will not be forgotten.

11:40 PM  
Blogger Niki said...

I love you girl! I love Kyle too. I'm glad God has brought you to a place where you could write the words you did. What a great post. You are so right, it's all about God's strength and how He works through us!

11:46 PM  
Blogger Bill Williams said...

Hello, Angi. I'm a blogging friend of Niki's and wanted to stop by to let you know that I appreciate your willingness to share your journey through this very difficult time in your life. My heart goes out to you. My prayer is that God will continue to shower you with comfort and grace as you move forward with your life.

Grace to you,
-bill

12:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad i got a chance to meet kyle it was a short visit but i am so happy that you found your true love! I think about you all of the time angie! you are such a special lady and God is working through you even if some days are more challening then others! hang in there! miss you!
love summer

9:05 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

You are in our thoughts! I know God's healing hand is working in miraculous ways in your life and giving you more and more comfort each day! We will continue to pray for you as you move forward with your life and go through yet another year.

Frank, Andrea & boys

9:23 AM  
Blogger Sarah Downey said...

I was very blessed by knowing Kyle, and it's so awesome that God used him to touch the lives of so many! Love you and thinking about you too girl! It was so good to talk to you the other night! Can't go that long without talking again, ok?

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home